Thursday, November 8, 2007

Essay strife

I warn you this is not going to be a very funny post. When I started this blog I thought it would be so that I could be amusingly a loser. Today I am just a loser.It's not funny. Don't laugh at my pain.

I am writing an essay, it's not going well. I don't know why - I have a lot of work on and lately I have been a bit stressed. It's on Frankenstein , Wieland and the supernatural. It shouldn't be that hard really, just a load of making stuff up. I only have to make up about another 800 words - but for some reason my brain has packed in and I just don't want to do anything. Like some sort of cancer it has extended beyond the immediate situation. I don't want to do anything. I just sit there, but I don't want to do that so then I stare at the page for a bit. I considered watching tv but I don't want to do that. I don't want to go to bed or stay awake. I am pretty sure that I want to be alive which is a good sign. Beyond that...

My problem is I want to get a good mark. All the other people in my tutorial are really smart, and I feel like I need to prove that I'm really smart too.
What I want to do is sit back and consider how much essays matter in the grand scheme of things.... however if that's the case I should just hand in 1097 words and be like 'in the grand scheme of things- does this matter, I mean really?'
Another problem is I want to get good marks without really doing too much work. Up until now I have more or less managed to do this.
Not any more.

No comments: